söndag 24 juni 2012

Back from Mallorca!

So I got back from Mallorca yesterday, jetted off to the inlaws vacation house for some belated Midsummer's eve celebratory dinner and Kubb and am now finally home in the apartment again after roughly two and a half hours of work as well.
The weather was fantastic in Spain, and the only thing that I've really reflected on is the amount of time a niece of two years can swallow in a week's time. I've gotten through Saladin Ahmed's Throne of the Crescent Moon and am nearly finished with Daniel Abraham's the Dragon's Path and I've been very positively surprised by both writers. Granted both have come critically acclaimed and highly recommended but with a few recent letdowns in the 'new generation' of writers that have been mentioned in the same breath I've been more sceptic and maybe more critical as well when picking out new books.

I'll try to have a review of the two as soon as possible, I'm supposed to have time off the coming week as well but already know that I will have to work monday morning as well as wednesday until lunch so we'll see how that goes. I also finally received Orb, Sceptre Throne so will start that as my next project instead of Railsea which was my back-up plan.

Thank you for your patience!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar